Wellspring Journey Project (WJP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency established in 2011 with the mission to provide support, comfort, nurturing and relief to individuals facing life-altering illnesses and to assist caregivers in enhancing their own well being through massage and bodywork therapies. ALL services are provided at NO CHARGE to all recipients, without discrimination. WJP relies on the generosity of individuals and companies to fulfill our mission to bring comfort to as many recipients as possible.
WJP has 3 primary components–Massage/Integrative Therapies, Education and On-going Support.
Dave Larson Memorial
Massage/Integrative Therapies Program
- Our therapists provide bodywork for individuals of all ages diagnosed with (but not limited to): cancer, ALS, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, corticobasal degeneration and post-polio. Sessions are scheduled weekly by their therapist as long as needed.
- Our therapies helps to shift the focus from illness to wellness for at least a brief time. Recipients report that our therapy provides relief from pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and muscle rigidity. And offering these same services to their caregivers helps alleviate the stress & anxiety of daily care giving rigors which positively transfers to the care they give their loved ones.
Laurie Whelan Memorial
“Touch, Caring & Cancer” Program
- Wellspring Journey Project uses the inspiring Touch, Caring & Cancer training to offer detailed instruction to loved ones of individuals with cancer to provide safe, compassionate and simple techniques for comfort and relaxation through the powerful use of touch.
- This program is offered both in groups and individually. Participants are provided with a free DVD/Manual to supplement their hands-on training. We have received much positive feedback from participants, many participants sharing that they feel more connected to their loved one and are a greater part of their healing journey.
Theresa Twellman Memorial
On-Going Support Program
- In an effort to provide on-going assistance in relieving tension, pain and discomfort of our patients and their caregivers, Wellspring Journey Project hosts Gatherings. During these Gathering luncheons, participants are taught self-help techniques including aromatherapy, meditation as well as journaling.
- Additionally, Wellspring Journey Project also purchases therapeutic flax seed neck pillows, hand pillows, and back pillows for our Gathering participants to encourage them to consistently care for their own personal state of health and well-being.